The iconic rivalry between two giants India and Pakistan goes way back to 1952. It is a standout amongst the most extraordinary sports rivalries on the planet, brought about by their history and discretionary relationship. India and Pakistan have not visited each other much since the 2008 psychological militant assault and have for the most part confronted each other in multi-nation events.
India is right now unbeaten in the World Cup. They are gradually being favored to make it to the semi-finals after their smooth successes against South Africa and Australia. In spite of the fact that they looked certain against the table toppers, New Zealand in their last match, it was washed out because of the rain and the two groups got 1 point each.
Then again, Pakistan is very eccentric in this competition up until now. Drooping against West Indies and afterward playing marvelously against England, and winning against them. They are unquestionably dependent on their bowling attack against the best two batsmen in ODIs, Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli. Out of the 5 matches left for them, they should win 4 so as to fit the bill for the semi-finals.
Rain is expected to make yet another appearance during this game, which should ideally be a high-scoring match with a lot of help for the fast bowlers. As the match progresses, spin bowlers should also have an edge with variations in pace being crucial to all bowlers.
Old Trafford is a slow batting pitch wherein 60% of the wins have been in favor of teams who have chased. There have only been only 3 instances out of the 46 matches played here where teams have crossed the 300+ mark.
- Dhawan’s injury opens up space for KL Rahul to fill in the opener space alongside Rohit Sharma. Either of Dinesh Karthik or Vijay Shankar should fill in the middle order with MS Dhoni and Hardik Pandya demonstrating the stimulus with their huge hitting capacities.
- The bowling unit is very much settled with Jasprit Bumrah and Bhuvneshwar Kumar delighting with the new ball while Yuzvendra Chahal’s loopy leg-turn has already accounted for players like Faf du Plessis and Glenn Maxwell in this World Cup. Everyone’s eyes will be upon Virat Kohli given his stature as the world’s best batsman as he tries to lead India to another celebrated success against their savage adversaries.
No changes are expected from the Pakistani side given their appreciable performance against Australia earlier in the week. Although Babar Azam, Imam ul Haq, and Mohammad Hafeez were able to get fine starts, they weren’t able to convert them to anything bigger, which ultimately cost them the game. This is one area where Pakistani’s would ideally want to improve while Shoaib Malik could be at the last chance spot with the experienced player unable to make an impact in the World Cup so far. Mohammad Amir’s form bodes well for the team who has been lethal with the old ball while much more is expected from Hasan Ali, who has a brilliant record in English conditions.
- The day has come for which every Indian has been waiting for where we will finally see the contest between PAK and IND after 4 long years in the WCC 2019.
- Everyone knows that India did not lose a single match played against Pakistan in the World cup, hence we can once again see our players continue the winning tradition.
- There is a piece of sad news for all the Indians because Dhawan will not be playing for the next three weeks due to an injury, we will be seeing KL Rahul with Rohit Sharma as an opener. Rahul is a good opener to go with in Both the leagues.
- Amir is looking in a dangerous form, he took five wickets against Australia and we have seen how aggressively he plays against India. He can be useful as captain in grand league.
- Virat Kohli known as the Pakistan specialist becomes more aggressive against them, he will be the default pick as captain and VC
- Pakistan batting lineup is not that confident when they face Indian bowlers, hence try to pick minimum batsmen from Pakistan.
- Babar Azam and Imam can be taken from the Pakistani side and we can take some risk on them in the big league too.
- We will see more contest between bowlers instead of batsmen, hence try to go with more bowlers.
- Try to go with a balanced team in the small league whereas Pakistani players can be utilized more in the grand league.
Head To Head In World Cup
India vs Pakistan
Total Matches :- 6
India Won :- 6
Pakistan Won :- 0
Expected playing XI :
Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Vijay Shankar, KL Rahul, MS Dhoni, Kedar Jadhav, Hardik Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal and Jasprit Bumrah
Imam ul Haq, Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam, Sarfraz Ahmed, Mohammad Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, Asif Ali, Hasan Ali, Wahab Riaz, Mohammad Amir and Shadab Khan.
BEFORE LINE UP TEAM
India vs Pakistan Dream 11 Small League Team
India vs Pakistan Dream 11 Grand League Team
NOTE : –Please visit our website before the match to know about the final substitutions and lineups.